International Women’s Day

Feminist club passes out candy to the students and staff entering the building to celebrate International Women's Day. Photo by S. Doyle

BY KYLER DUNHAM

Feminist club started off the day by passing out candy to the school to celebrate International Women’s Day on Mar. 8.

“We just wanted a fun way to celebrate international women’s day and we thought passing out candy would be the easiest way to organize that,” Jessica Tung, 12, said. “There is an International Men’s Day, too, but I think it is just important to be aware of what your mom, your sisters, aunts or any women in your life may have done for you.”

International Women’s Day is a worldwide event that celebrates the equality of women and everything women have achieved.

“We need to really celebrate feminism more because it is something that is overlooked and ridiculed so much,” Alyza Heeb, 9, said.

Fem club provided a variety of candy for students and faculty coming into the building.

“I think it is important because it affects everybody at one point or another,” Kate Donaghue, 12, said. “I also think it is important to recognize the work women put into this country.”

Feminist club passes out candy to the students and staff entering the building to celebrate International Women’s Day. Photo by S. Doyle