Halloween has ECC students parading halls

Michael Werda, 12, walks hand-in-hand with an ECC student during the Oct. 31 parade through South’s main hall. Werda was a community service student who helped with arranging the parade. Photo by T. Mitchell

by Taylor Mitchell

Firemen, superheroes, and princesses filled South’s halls Oct. 31 as the Early Childhood Center classes put on a parade down main hall for the high school students. 

“I thought it [parade] was so much fun. All the kids were so cute, and this little girl in a flamingo outfit was my favorite because she was so cute and pink,” Liz Warren, 11, said.

Whereas most students were only spectators of the festive activity, some had the privilege of joining in on the Halloween fun.

“Just being with the kids and seeing them receive candy from their high school friends was the best part,” Michael Werda, 12, said.

But it wasn’t all fun and games for the community service students who helped prepare and walk in the parade.

“At the beginning the kids were skeptical and confused about walking in front of everybody, and then it was really chaotic because keeping them focused was hard but they had fun,” Werda said.