South springs into spring sports

Soccer girls begin practice by stretching out. While getting to know one another. Photo by K. Angle

BY KILEY ANGLE & LAURYN CHAVEZ

With winter sports coming to an end, spring athletes are beginning to create their mindsets towards a new season.

“This should be a pretty exciting season. We got a lot of underclassmen who will be helping us out this season,” Saxton Bruner, 10, said. “It’s going to be a rebuilding year, underclassmen need to be able and step it up to help the team out.”

Each student has started to plan their schedules in order to keep up with the different activities throughout the next couple of weeks.

“I like to try and get all my work done in class so then after practice or a meet I am able to rest,” Eric Lauffer, 9, said. “ I set aside time in my day for the homework and studying I am not able to finish during the day.”

Beginning the season with new students tryout out, upperclassmen are starting to create a bonding between the grades in order to make the season great.

“I get really excited about the incoming freshman because they bring a lot of positive and fun energy,” Hayden Burnett,11, said. “They help push us upperclassmen to keep working hard. It’s nice building new relationships and having fun with them at practice.”

Being back in season get each student excited for games, matches and meets coming up soon.

“I am really excited because I think we have a lot of potential and have the ability to go far this season,” Liz Cole, 11, said.